Thursday, November 1, 2007

Rhode Island

It is no secret that Nathan and I don't like Providence. We would never live here after school. The people are not friendly (excluding friends from church) and the driving alone would make you go insane. But the other day Braxton and I were making our monthly trip to supper Walmart (30 min. south of providence) and on the way we changed our minds and went to the beach instead(50 min south of providence). The drive to the beach was so beautiful. The trees are all different colors and they line the streets, it took my breath away. As you get closer to the ocean they have these cute little towns that are right on the bay and these fishing town that serve the best clam chowder. I never liked clam chowder until I mover here. Even though it was to cold to go into the water we had so much fun. I think I have to take back a little of my negative attitude about New England, it is actually pretty amazing. Don't worry we still won't live here after school.

2 comments:

juliea said...

You are right. It is beautiful! Wish I was there with my kids and you guys. It would be so fun!

Dory said...

It sounds amazing, like a movie or book or something. I've always wanted to see that part of the country. It's good to see you embracing it while you have it. Not many people learn to do that.